Spring has sprung in Boulder!
The sun is shining and the flowers are blooming. Is your home ready for the heat of the summer?
After months of freezing temperatures, bitter wind, and snow that hung around a lot longer than we are all used to, chances are that your home could use a little attention.
Here are some tips to keep your home in top shape as we move in to the warm, beautiful Colorado months:
1. Replace the filters in your furnace, humidifier, and air purifiers
2. Clean gutters and downspouts and make sure they are draining properly away from the house
3. Have your fireplace cleaned and chimney swept and inspected by a licensed professional
4. Consider having your ducts cleaned, this will improve the air quality in your home and make your furnace and A/C run more efficiently
5. Check your roof for any damage that may have occurred over the winter and repair/replace any shingles as needed
6. Have a qualified heating and cooling professional service your air conditioner or evaporative cooler
7. Inspect and seal cracks in your concrete or asphalt driveways
8. Check and clean the clothes dryer vent and stove hood
9. Check all windows and doors, make sure they open and close properly and well-sealed.
Taking these steps now will ensure that your home is ready for the coming summer months, and will eliminate the need for costly repairs and maintenance in the future.
If you have any questions, real estate related or otherwise, please feel free to contact a Colorado Landmark, Realtors professional. We are here to help!
Colorado Landmark, Realtors