As we begin to carefully re-open some areas of our lives, including showings, we remain deeply committed to the safety of our agents, clients, and neighbors. We are honored by your trust in us, and we take our responsibility to our communities seriously. We are taking the necessary steps to ensure we continue to provide the white glove service we have been known for for 43 years.
Here are some ways we are working to serve our clients while keeping our staff, brokers, and clients safe:
Virtual tours first
Before we schedule any in-person showings of properties, we will work to ensure the buyers are pre-approved and ready, willing and able to move. This will include a thorough review of virtual tours, photos, online floorplans and disclosures, and when possible, a drive by of the neighborhood.
Safe showing protocols
Here are the steps we are taking for safe in-person showings:
- Parties will drive separately and meet their agent at the property.
- Showings will be limited to decision-makers who will be signing the contract, kids and other family members should stay at home whenever possible.
- Both buyers and sellers will be asked to sign a disclosure stating that they are not experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms or have knowingly been exposed to COVID-19 in the past 14 days.
- No overlapping showings will be allowed, so only one set of buyers and their agent will be in the property at a time.
- All parties will wear masks.
- Your agent will wear a mask and gloves, and provide gloves and booties whenever possible if clients need them, and change gloves in between showings.
- Your agent will unlock the door, and turn on lights so buyers will not have to touch anything in the home.
- Buyers will tour the home with their agent while practicing social distancing.
- All surfaces that were touched during the showing will be wiped down afterwards in preparation for the next showing.
- Once the showing is complete, buyers can have a phone or video conference with the agent to discuss the next steps.
Safe, Easy Transactions from Beginning to End
For as long as the Colorado Safer at Home order is in place, we will continue to work with photographers, inspectors, appraisers and contractors to ensure safety is the priority, and much of the real estate transaction will continue to be completed virtually. This includes virtual buyer and seller consultations, electronic document signing, safe practices during inspections and appraisals, and contact-free closings.
As always, we are available to answer your questions, address any concerns you have, and talk to you about your particular needs. Through this uncertain time we have learned to adapt in new ways, and are constantly taking steps to make the entire process or buying or selling a home as easy and stress-free as possible. Our agents and staff have used this time to sharpen our skills, learn new tools, and are emerging better and stronger than ever.
We are here for you, as we have been for the past 43 years, and as the world changes, that will remain the same.