Moving can be a very daunting task, so we’ve created a checklist for you to make it a little easier! Once you’ve tackled Step 1, move on to Step 2!
- Get estimates from moving companies for packing and transportation (either your listing agent, or the buyer’s agent at your new location should be able to make recommendations.)
- Get cost quotes from at least 2 truck rental companies.
- Estimate the number of boxes and other moving supplies you will need (if not provided by your mover.)
- Confirm type of payment (cash, personal check or credit card) with your mover.
- Decide if you will rent or buy your new home.
- Schedule a home-buying trip or make arrangement to secure an apartment while you house hunt.
- Decide if you will need temporary housing and if so, start looking at your options. Your Realtor at your destination should be able to assist you with this step.
- Explore your new community online, and get relocation information from a local Realtor at your destination.
- Update appraisals on any valuable items that will be moved and need additional insurance.
That concludes this section of your checklist! Check back next week, where we cover what you should be doing 4-6 weeks before your big move!
how to get your girlfriend back. How To Get Back With Your Ex Girlfriend how to get a lover back how to get your ex backhow to get your ex back