Even if they look a little different this year, the holidays are upon us and Org & Relo has created 6 tips to help de-stress, organize, and get you in the holiday spirit.
- Make a holiday checklist – Jot down all of your holiday tasks. This will have you feeling in control instantly.
- Take stock of what you have – How many times have you bought something only to realize later you already own the same item or something very similar?
- Sort through toys – Donate toys the kids have outgrown or never use to make room for new toys. This is a great exercise to teach your kiddos gratitude for what they have and the generosity of giving to those less fortunate.
- Leave time for everyday activities – This year the holidays may look different and include fewer parties, but you may still find yourself overwhelmed so remember to plan in a time to take a walk or look at hiring a service to free up your time.
- Clear out the clutter – Ask yourself: Do I use it, do I love it, do I appreciate it? We live by this at Org & Relo! This is especially important as we look at a season spent inside our homes more than ever before.
- Use clear bins – to store items! When it comes to holiday organizing, having a good system is a must. You can purchase different sizes to accommodate small items like table decorations or larger items like garlands.